Put your IRA to work for nature—and save on taxes, too.
You can make a tax-free distribution from your traditional or Roth IRA to The Nature Conservancy if you're 70 1/2 or older. It's a smart and efficient way to support the causes that matter to you most.
To learn more, complete the form on this page or contact our experts at (877) 812-3698 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Achieve your financial goals and help keep nature healthy for future generations.
- How It Works
- You direct distributions in the amount of your choosing, up to $100,000, from your traditional or Roth IRA to the Conservancy. (See a sample transfer letter here).
- The distributions go directly to the Conservancy and are not subject to income tax.
- Your gift can be used to satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
- You avoid the income tax penalty on your distributions.
- You have the satisfaction of seeing your gift immediately support critical conservation work.
- From Our Donors
"I've found one of the best things I can do to satisfy my tax collector and preserve and enrich the natural world is make a charitable distribution to the Conservancy through my IRA. I'd urge anyone over 70 1/2 to look into it. It's very simple and it works great."
- Lou Matustik, longtime donor and Legacy Club member, pictured with his wife, Carol Matustik. © The Nature Conservancy
"At our age we are required to take minimum distributions from our IRAs. Directing these distributions directly to the Conservancy allows us to use some of our income to support what we care most about."
- Chris Mathews, longtime donor and Legacy Club member, pictured with his wife, Kate Mathews. © Courtesy Chris and Kate Mathews
We're Here to Help.
For more information about making a gift to The Nature Conservancy through your IRA, please fill out the form below.