Your Real Estate Can Be a Gift for Nature.
We know real estate. We can help.
You can use your real estate to protect nature.
You can make a gift of cash or securities and receive fixed annual payments for life by setting up a charitable gift annuity. The payments can go to you or a loved one. You may also be eligible for an immediate income tax deduction, and if you donate appreciated stocks or bonds you may also be able to save on capital gains taxes.
To learn more, complete the form on this page or contact our experts at (877) 812-3698 or by email at email@example.com. Achieve your financial goals and help keep nature healthy for future generations.
- How It Works
- Save on taxes: Donate your property outright. We will sell it and use the proceeds for critical conservation work. You will receive a tax deduction for the full value of the property and could avoid paying capital gains tax.
- Receive income: Use your property to fund a gift that creates income. You qualify for a charitable income tax deduction for part of the value or the property and receive income for life (or a term of years) for yourself and/or a beneficiary. Your gift will protect lands and waters in the future.
- Stay in your home: You can donate your home and continue to live there (it does not have to be your pricipal residence). You will receive an immediate tax deduction. At the end of your tenancy we will sell the property and use the proceeds to support conservation.
- Make a gift in your will or trust: Maintain control of your property by making a gift through your will or trust. You can change your mind or alter your gift at any time. Ultimately we'll use your gift to protect nature for future generations.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Your lifetime annuity is backed with a reserve and the full assets of The Nature Conservancy.
- Your annuity payments are treated as part ordinary income and part tax-free income. If the gift is funded with appreciated property, your annuity payments are also part capital gains income.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and The Nature Conservancy later.
- From Our Donors.
"It just made sense. But our true reward is the knowledge that our real estate donation is helping to protect the oceans and other natural places that mean so much to us."
- Suzanne Marshall, real estate donor
"The Conservancy has so much real estate experience, they've made the process smooth."
-Vasanti Fithian, real estate donor
For more information about making a gift to The Nature Conservancy that will pay you income, please fill out the form below.